Armstrong’s Strategic Plan
Armstrong is teaching-centered and student-focused, providing diverse learning experiences and professional programs grounded in the liberal arts.
Armstrong will be an exceptional institution of higher learning, driving educational, civic, cultural, and economic prosperity in the Savannah region and beyond.
Armstrong embraces these core values:
- We value education that is student-focused, transformative, experiential and rigorous, leading to student success.
- We value balance among teaching, mentoring and scholarship.
- We value an environment of mutual trust and collegiality that builds an inclusive community.
- We value transparency that fosters shared governance.
- We value and respect diversity.
- We value ethical behavior and accountability that support high standards of performance.
- We value civic engagement through outreach and service.
- We value our relationship with Savannah, its unique geographic location, rich history and abundant opportunities.
Strategic Goal 1
Armstrong will impart the skills and habits of mind to motivated students that help them realize their potential as productive citizens of the world.
Armstrong will foster student success.
Strategic Goal 2
Armstrong will build upon and strengthen its foundational commitment to teaching, ensuring that transformative student learning occurs inside and outside the classroom.
Strategic Goal 3
Armstrong will enhance existing campus technologies, expanding both its technological capabilities and reach to meet current and emerging needs.
Strategic Goal 4
Armstrong will strengthen its financial base, diversify university resources and wisely invest in initiatives in order to ensure long-term sustainability.
Strategic Goal 5
Armstrong will increase its visibility across the state and region by transforming its most compelling strengths, values and offerings into resonant messaging that inspires loyalty among internal stakeholders and alumni and builds lasting relationships with the local community.