Bachelor of Liberal Studies (B.L.S.)
To qualify for either the associate of arts or the bachelor of liberal studies degree, a student must earn at Armstrong at least 25% of the credits required for the degree.
For the associate of arts and bachelor of liberal studies, students must submit an application for undergraduate graduation to the liberal studies coordinator for approval at least two semesters prior to anticipated graduation. No more than two Ds may be earned in the liberal studies area, and all grades in the area of concentration must be C or better.
Three credits selected from
Three to six credits selected from:
Three to six credits at the 1000 or 2000 level with the prefix;
- AFAS, ARTS, ANTH, BUSA, COMM, CRJU, ECON, ENGL, ETHC, EURO, FREN, GEOG, GNST, GRMN, HIST, HONS, LATN, LWSO, MUSC, PHIL, POLS, PSYC, SABR, SOCI, SPAN, THEA
Three to seven credits of core area D courses (not used for core area D)
Major Field Courses
- Minimum of 39 hours at 3000 level or above
- Maximum of 27 hours in any discipline (excluding courses taken under General Requirements )
- No more than two Ds in the Liberal Studies section
- At least 9 of the 18 hours in the Liberal Studies section must be completed at Armstrong.
Liberal Studies: 18 hours
Must be at 2000 level or above
Humanities: 3-6 hours
Art, literature, history, music, philosophy, theatre
Social Sciences: 3-6 hours
Anthropology, criminal justice, economics, geography, political science,psychology, sociology
Math, Natural Science, and Technology: 3-6 hours
Astronomy, biology, chemistry, computer science, geology, mathematics,meteorology, oceanography, physics
Communication Arts: 3-6 hours
Advanced composition, communications, film, foreign languages,journalism, linguistics, rhetoric, technical and business writing
Area of Concentration: 42 hours
General Liberal Studies:
- 15 credit hours at the 3000 level or above with a grade no lower than a C for each course. All 15 credit hours must be from the same Armstrong major, minor or program of study and be approved by the Director of Liberal Studies.
- 27 credit hours electives
Total Semester Hours: 124 hours